Tofvel slippers are made from wool felt derived from 100% natural sheep’s wool. However, wool is a delicate material requiring correct maintenance. In order to enjoy your woollen slippers for as long as possible, it is important to care for them properly. Correct maintenance means the slippers will last for years, which is why we would like to explain to you now how best to care for them.
The Tofvel is a slipper, so purely intended for use indoors. We do not recommend using them outdoors. The rough surface of paving tiles can damage the leather sole and make the slippers unnecessarily dirty.
Caring for woollen slippers
We recommend not washing woollen slippers. Do not wash them in the washing machine or by hand. Washing the slippers could make them shrink, even if you are using cold water. If you really do want to wash them, use special liquid for wool in tepid water and a shoe-tree to keep them in the right shape. Only do this if it is really necessary, because we cannot guarantee that the slippers won’t shrink, even in a hand wash.
- Wool has self-cleaning properties and is breathable. This means it is not necessary to wash the slippers (in the washing machine). It is sufficient to air them outside overnight from time to time.
- You can remove any stains with a damp cloth, perhaps using a little bit of wool detergent. Only use detergent suitable for wool, do not use chemicals.
- Beat the slippers together outside from time to time.
- You can use a vacuum cleaner to remove any dust, crumbs or hairs.
- Wool felt may start to pill. This has nothing to do with the quality of the wool. Undesirable bits of fluff can be removed carefully using a fabric shaver.